Monday, January 16, 2012

Screen Print Class

My friend Sarah and I just took a screen printing class at the Make Workshop on the Lower East Side.  For my project I chose to make a fabric label for Ellisa's house quilt (I haven't quite decided how I'm planning on attaching it- before or after it's quilted?).  It was a really cool class and definitely has me interested in learning more (this class was only two classes) about screen printing and other crafty fabric related things so hopefully there will be more (exciting) projects to post in the future!

Here are photos of Sarah and me during our workshop on Sunday:

Original paper drawing (left) and painting on the screen.


After screen filler is added (left) and during the printing process (right).

Sarah printing

Finished product!  (Sarah's Valentine's Day cards are above)

0 comments:

Post a Comment