Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Homemade Infused Vodka


I feel like a bootlegger!  Today I put all my internet reading to good use and started the process of making infused vodka (which I will used for my Olympic viewing party drinks).  If it works, then it's really easy!  Here's how to do it...


First- you'll need:
  • Mason Jars or a similar container that you can seal (I suppose old liquor bottles would work)
  • Vodka (please don't judge the brand I used, someone left it at my house after a party a few years ago, so I figured it's time to put it to good use.)
  • Fresh Fruit
  • Your everyday kitchen stuff (knife, cutting board, etc) depending on the fruit you choose
I am making 3 different flavors: Blueberry (for Olympic Sangria) and Pomegranate and Strawberry (for Olympic lemonade).  I just went ahead and poured all of the pomegranate seeds into one jar (I'm not sure if I needed that many, but I'm not going to use them for anything else), the blueberries I punctured with a knife so that juices can really get in there, and the strawberries I cut up.  After the fruit was in the jars, I added about 1 cup of vodka to the blueberries and 2 cups to pomegranate and strawberry each.

Then you seal them up and put them in the fridge.  I've read lots of different info on how long you are supposed to let them sit- everywhere from 24 hours to 3 weeks...  I will try something in the middle.  Don't forget that about once a day or so you should agitate the mixture.

Now we wait...

1 comments:

eeni said...

damn impressed

Post a Comment