Thursday, July 22, 2010

3 Project Linus Projects


While practicing some easier quilting techniques, I decided to make a simple square quilt- working on exact cutting, stitching without pinning, quilting, and attaching binding.  I cut a 4.5" square of each patterned fabric I have and am pairing it with a purple/blue cotton that I was given during wrap on Taking Woodstock.  I have a ton of it and this seemed like a fitting use, seeing as the theme is leftovers.  I drew a little diagram (pattern?) so that there is some sort of structure to the quilt and it's not totally random.

I stitched the first 4 rows, but am still in need of some more squares, so I'm taking a little break.  Hopefully there will be a scrap box or super clearance section at Joann's this weekend (yay trip to Connecticut!)  So far so good, but I can't really tell if this is going to pan out the way I want since the fabrics, while in the same color family, are not identical.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I also finished two other blankets for Project Linus.  One is just a basic baby blanket.  The front is Alexander Henry fabric and the back is just a Joann's design.  Pretty cute though.

The second one I finished was for the sole purpose of practicing.  It's made out of leftover fabric and some striped fabric that I had.  I tried to do some different things than I have done before and practiced that pesky binding.  There are obviously a lot of imperfections, but I hope some little boy will love it anyway.

0 comments:

Post a Comment