Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Recreation of an Obsession

A friend of mine told me that when you that when you're 29 the moon is in the exact same place as when you were born, so all of the stuff that you didn't deal with in your childhood comes back around (or something like that).  Maybe that's why a few weeks ago I decided I was going to recreate my childhood baby blanket (which many of you know I still have).  I have been scouring Etsy and Ebay trying to find the fabric (which is a little tough -although not impossible- because this fabric was manufactured in the 1970s).


The main problems in recreating of 'Banky' is because over the time the fabric has faded and is now a gross grey/brown color, the only pictures I can find don't show the whole blanket, and my mother is no longer in touch with the woman who made it for me.  For these reasons I'm not sure exactly what it looked like.  So, instead of doing it the exact way it was,  I'm going to do recreate it from memory (even if my memory is inaccurate) or the best I can based on fabric I find.


The only fabric I really need is the blue version.  So if anyone happens to see some, I would really appreciate the heads up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment