Tuesday, August 3, 2010

New Wave Quilt (finally!)

I know I've been talking about this quilt for forever- well, it's finally done (I really hate that pesky binding, so I've been holding off on that)!



It's not as great as I wanted it to be, but I did learn a lot from it (mostly about binding):
  • Do not cut the binding too small- this will cause all kinds of problems!
  • At this point in my learning, there's not such thing as too many pins.  Once I get better, then I can cut back.
  • Don't get too excited that the quilt is almost done and rush through the binding- the slower the better.
 


This is by far the largest quilt that I have ever made.  It was hard working on this scale towards the end, so I'm going to focus on smaller quilts for a little bit until I get more comfortable with the binding and quilting.

The front - I didn't measure, but to give an idea for size- this is on my queen size bed.


Back


2 comments:

Jessica Utrup said...

It doesn't have robots, but the waves looks really nice. How hard were they to make? They look so evenly spaced too!

JP said...

It wasn't terribly hard- the size of it was hard. It was time consuming, but because I worked from the pattern it was sorta just like follow the instructions. I think I could make it again and have it look better.

Post a Comment